Fairfax Family Practice has a robust Sports Medicine Program. The program is staffed by two fellowship trained family medicine providers and two sports fellows in training. Services provided in the office include injury assessment, evaluation of overuse injuries in children and adults, and evaluation of exercise performance. Our care is enhanced by on-site radiology and physical therapy. Stress testing and ultrasound for diagnostics and guided injections are also available onsite.
The Sports Medicine Program works in conjunction with a sports nutrition therapist for the management of musculoskeletal problems. Other specialized therapies include stem cell regenerative injections and therapies aimed at relieving nerve entrapments with injections.
Comprehensive Concussion Center
Fairfax Family Practice Comprehensive Concussion Center’s 30 minute lecture style presentation for athletes parents and coaches delivered by a concussion specialist providing the essential information about recognition of signs and symptoms of a concussion, the importance of providing appropriate immediate response to a concussion and procedures to follow for post trauma care including return to play. Individuals, teams, or youth associations will benefit from the online tracking we provide. Call 703.391.2020 to learn more about our concussion education and testing programs.
Fairfax Family Practice Center also provides post–trauma concussion evaluation, treatment and return to play as well as other sports related injuries. The staff at Fairfax Family Practice include concussion specialists who have been involved in concussion research for almost 20 years, and collectively have provided care for over 5000 concussed athletes. Knowing that each concussion is unique, the FFPC concussion specialists work together evaluating, managing, treating, and rehabilitating the different facets of concussions. Call 703.391.2020 for an appointment to see one of our concussion specialists.
- Concussion Education for Athletes and Parents
- Up to date, science based facts about recognizing signs and symptoms of concussion and procedures to follow
- Baseline ImPACT Testing
- Computerized Neurocognitive baseline testing for athletes 10 years old and up
- Concussion Education for Coaches
- Fulfills state requirement for all coaches to complete annual concussion education
- Post Trauma Concussion Evaluation, Management, Treatment and Return to Play
- State of the art comprehensive concussion evaluation and management by concussion specialists and Board certified Sports Medicine Physicians